In keeping with our policy of customers first, and our obligations under the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), we will ensure that our website is accessible to people who have visual, hearing, motor or cognitive impairments.
Making our website accessible is a core aim of Evolve Banks Mill and we will try and ensure that it is usable with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and specialist assistive technologies.
As a standard, we employ all the following methods to ensure our site is accessible to as many people as possible:
- Browsealoud is available to ensure that all pages can be read out loud to any visitor
- All pictures have an alternative text description
- Our stylesheets allow for text resizing/zooming using the View → Text Size or View → Zoom option in the web browser
- We are committed to Plain English in all our written content
- Our site has been designed without the use of tables except where we need to represent tabulated content
- The website can be navigated without the use of a mouse
- A non-serif font is used for easier readability
- We do not use all-capitals for emphasis
- We use a hierarchy of heading markups which makes it easier for screen readers to work out the stucture of a page
- Our site can be viewed in a logical order when all styling is turned off
Whilst we strive to ensure this website is accessible to all, there may be instances when our site does not meet the need of a specific disabled user group. However, we will make changes to our current content as soon as possible, wherever appropriate, so that we can become more inclusive to a wider audience.