Banks Mill will offer you support as you start up and grow your business. Years of practical experience in the creative industries and extensive networks means you’ll be able to get the best start for your business.
- subsidised rent
- general business guidance
- advice and planning
- networking opportunities
- publicity and marketing opportunities
- marketing support
- a supportive, creative community
- assistance applying for grants, Arts Council etc
- profile and feature on the Banks Mill website
- access to training programmes, workshops and seminars
- access to relevant University skills, knowledge and services
- Open Studios events
Here at Banks Mill we have been running Open Studios events for 11 years. The event is now firmly established in Derby’s cultural and shopping calendar. We aim to have two Open Studio events per year; a summer one and a winter one.
We open the entire building, involving all tenants and associate members. All the studios are open and we curate an exhibition over the 5 floors of the building.
We add a retail area, live music; children’s entertainment, complimentary refreshments to make a great event. The event attracts around 1,000 over the weekend.
If you are interested in exhibiting at this event contact us on 01332 594170.
In addition to our business support, Open Studios events and subsidised studios we can help direct you to relevant organisations, networking clubs, opportunities and events that may benefit your business including:
- accountants, lawyers, banks and patent agents
- government funded support agencies and services for example East Midlands Incubation Network (EMIN), Business Link, The Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses
- networking and social events through organisations such as Creative Industries Network, Arts Council and Design Factory
- Notification of relevant awards and competitions
To talk to us about our services and facilities contact us on 01332 594170.